Terms & Conditions
Definitions: ‘us‘ ‘we‘ and also ‘our‘ mean Pure Muslim Match. ‘site‘ refers to our website located at www.puremuslimmatch.com, and ‘content‘ means the information and other material available on this Site. ‘your‘ and ‘you‘ means the user who uses the site.
1. Membership Fee
- Pure Muslim Match membership fees can be found on the page www.puremuslimmatch.com/registration-fee. These fees are subject to change, and if they do change the membership fees will be displayed on the page www.puremuslimmatch.com/registration-fee
- Pure Muslim Match, just like most other subscription based services, has a No Refund Policy. When you pay for a monthly subsciption you pay for a months subscription.
- You can cancel your membership at any time by logging into your DonorBox account (as exsplained in email) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
2. Membership Terms And Conditions
- We only grant membership to practising Muslims over 18 years of age
- Muslim men and Women alike may have a representative register on behalf of them only if they have expressed permission for the representative to do so.
- You are not permitted to use Pure Muslim Match for commercial or business purposes. Business entities or commercial concerns are not permitted to use this Site unless written permission from us has been granted).
- You may not create more than one account at any time. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
- You affirm that you have not lied or cheated in any way shape or form in order to use this website.
- Your Pure Muslim Match account is meant for your personal use only.
- We will cooperate with law enforcement enquiries insha’Allah to protect against intellectual property infringement, fraud and other violations of rights or activity which is or may be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. You expressly authorise us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government agencies.
3. User Responsibilities
- Members are not permitted to include on their profile contact information, including but not limited to email address, telephone numbers, street addresses, instant message details, Facebook ID’s or other social networks ID’s.
- It’s your responsibility to ensure your own safety when communicating/meeting with other members. If any problems/issues arise after meeting or communicating with another member, you absolve Pure Muslim Match from any liability.
- You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all details provided by you to us.
- We reserve the right to reject any profile which does not comply with the mentioned prohibitions.
- You must inform us of any changes to personal details or circumstances.
- You are solely responsible for the content and information that you transmit to other users
- You agree to not copy, distribute, post or modify any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information without the consent of the original owner of the content. You also agree not to promote, or engage in any commercial activity (including advertising of any services or products) to other users. You will use the service offered by Pure Muslim Match without breaking any applicable laws and regulations.
- Abuse of Pure Muslim Match staff will not be tolerated.
- You acknowledge that there may be times when the service may become temporarily unavailable at times when we are carrying out scheduled software updates and other factors which are outside of our control. We may make changes and to our site at any time and this may cause our service and website to be temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out this work. You agree that Pure Muslim Match will not be liable for any such interruption of our service.
- It is your responsibility to do your own due diligence when searching for a marriage partner. You understand and agree that Pure Muslim Match does not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of our website, including but not limited to any untruthfulness from another member, trickery, deceit, or scam. We do basic background checks on members who match with you before we allow you both to exchange contact details. We always insist that the Muslima involves her mahram before any contact details are exchanged between members. The basic background check consists of verifying a members name and address and also speaking with the person who gave them their reference. Even though we do these checks, we can not guarantee that the information we try to verify is correct. At the end of the day, it’s your responsibility to look after yourself and stay safe.
- Pure Muslim Match accepts no liability for any loss, financial or otherwise and you indemnify, and hold harmless Pure Muslim Match from any loss caused.
6. Our Responsibilities
- Applications are manually approved. We reserve the right to reject any application we choose, on any basis and without providing a reason.
- We reserve the right to modify the services without giving any prior notice.
- We reserve the right to suspend any members profile if we deem it to be inappropriate, or breaking the site Terms and Conditions or Code of Conduct, or for other security or safety reasons.
- Pure Muslim Match is a global marriage agency. In order to provide our service to you and also to other members around the globe, the information that you provide to us may need to be sent to countries outside Europe for matchmaking purposes. Please email us at email@example.com if you do not want your details passed to countries outside Europe. If you wish for all communication between Pure Muslim Match and you to cease please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to moderate, read and check all messages/conversations and communications made via Pure Muslim Match. This is for security reasons as well as making sure all communication is halal insha’Allah.
- You are responsible for your usernames and passwords used in connection with Pure Muslim Match. You agree to ensure that your username and passwords are kept secure and are not disclosed to unauthorised identities.
- If you forget or lose a password or username you should contact us. We may need you to pass our security checks before we will issue you a new password and/or username.
- You agree to inform us as soon as possible (within reason) if you come to know that your username and password has or may become compromised or been used in an unauthorised way.
- You will not interfere with any part of our service. This includes our website, network and servers.
- We reserve the right to suspend your access to the Site and the Services if we feel that there is (or may be) a breach of security, misuse of the Pure Muslim Match service or website
- We reserve the right to require you to change your passwords used on Pure Muslim Match
- The Pure Muslim Match website and service is used at your own risk. We accept no liability for any loss or damage to your hardware and/or software resulting from your access and/or use of our website and service.
- We reserve the right to verify any details of any member of Pure Muslim Match. We reserve the right to remove any member from Pure Muslim Match who does not pass any security checks we carry out.
- We may pass the benefit of this agreement to any purchasers of our business (if we were to ever sell it)
- Your statutory rights are not affected at all by these terms and conditions.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute will be dealt with in the English courts. (saying this though, sharia law would be the first choice, the English law only in a situation of necessity)
Pure Muslim Match, Preston, United Kingdom
All material on this website is copyright. You may only use it in the ways authorised by the copyright owner. All site design, text, graphics, user interfaces, software and their selection and arrangements are ©2020 Pure Muslim Match
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Any use of materials on this website without prior written permission of Pure Muslim Match is strictly prohibited.
1. Who We Are
Pure Muslim Match is a marriage agency for practising Muslims over 16 years of age, who pray all 5 of the prescribed daily prayers (without intentionally missing any of the prayers) and who are also free from committing shirk.
3. Personal Information That We Collect & Why
To help us help you find suitable matches we obviously need to know some information about you such as basic profile details and your preferences for your ideal match.
When you visit our website your information may be automatically collected by our website security software and other software which can log the URL requested, your IP address, location, time-zone, browser type/language/version, operating system, device type, the date and time of your visit, referring web address, searches you make on our website and which pages of our site you visit. This information helps us keep our website secure and can also help us to see if our service is meeting our users needs and helps to improve our service for you insha’Allah.
When you register to join this service we create you an account and ask you to complete a member profile. Your profile gets password protected and you choose from a list of options how we use your profile to find you a match. The member profile questions have been designed to help us know who matches with you. In order for our service to work effectively, we ask you the basics stuff you would expect a marriage agency to ask such as new username, password, gender and date of birth etc, This information alone would not be enough information needed for us to find you a match, so we, therefore, require more personal information about your lifestyle, interests, personality and other information.
In Islam we are taught:
“In Soorat al-Hujuraat (interpretation of the meaning): “O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has al-taqwa [i.e., is one of the muttaqoon or pious]. Verily, Allaah is All-Knowing, All-Aware” [al-Hujuraat 49:13]
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people! Verily your Lord is One and your father [Adam] is one. An Arab is no better than a non-Arab, and a non-Arab is no better than an Arab; a red man is no better than a black man and a black man is no better than a red man – except if it is in terms of taqwa (piety)…” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 22391; al-Silsilat al-Saheeh, 2700).
All this being said people do still sometimes choose to only marry into certain ethnic backgrounds. Therefore In order for us to run our service effectively, we require you to inform us of your ethnicity/racial background (this information may be considered as “Sensitive” or “Special” information. We also ask you for information about your religious beliefs which can also be considered as “Sensitive or “Special” information. By choosing to give us this “Sensitive” or “Special” information you consent to us processing this information.
If you contact our support team via email, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Telegram, our “online support” chat feature, SMS, postal mail or via phone we may monitor or record information about these interactions. This is so that we can run our service effectively and help you with your search for a good spouse insha’Allah. We may also process other information to help the service run effectively such as when you find a match you may want us to forward a message to the match/their family.
References & Information From Others
If you ask us to communicate or process information about other people we would collect the information about others in order to fulfil your request. For example, during the member registration process, we ask you to choose someone to give you a character reference. The character reference could be from your friend, your parents, a relative, or someone else who knows you who you choose to give you a character reference. We ask that you tell us their name, phone number and email address in order for us to be able to contact them to ask them for information about your character insha’Allah. Once we receive the reference from them we show you it to check you are happy with it being put on your member profile insha’Allah. Having a reference shown on your profile helps make your profile look good, helps your matches see your personality and improves your success in finding a match that will lead to marriage insha’Allah.
There may be times that other information about you is collected from other users. In an example, you may be in talks with another member and then, later on, you both decide that you are not a good match. We may then want to ask you both the reason/s why youse changed your mind. We may store this information so that we can keep up to date with your preferences and make sure we only introduce you to matches you want to be introduced to insha’Allah.
4. How We Use Your Information
The main thing we use your information for is to help you and other users find a Muslim spouse insha’Allah.
We may also at times use your information for the following purposes:
to create/manage/update your account/profile, keep you safe, show profiles to you and show your profile to other users, comply with legal requirements, communicate with you about our services, conduct research of users behaviour (for example we ask users if they want to sign up to a newsletter and may test which newsletter content members like so that we can continue to deliver enjoyable content in future newsletters. We may also introduce new features to our marriage agency service to help users find a match. We would test the effectiveness of new features so that we can decide whether or not to keep the new features insha’Allah) complete your transactions, assist government agencies (i.e. law enforcement enquiries to protect against intellectual property infringement, fraud and other violations of rights or activity which is or may be illegal or may expose us to legal liability and to protect our rights) communicate with you via (via email, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Telegram, our “online support” chat feature, SMS, postal mail, or via phone) provide you with support, respond to your requests, and help us improve are service.
Our legal basis used for processing your information in these ways mentioned is:
- Consent: We may at times ask you for your consent to use your information for selected purposes (you can change your consent preferences by emailing email@example.com)
- To provide our service to you: As mentioned before the main reason we usually process your information is to fulfil the objective of the marriage agency service which is to help you get married & complete half of your deen insha’Allah. This requires that we manage your account and profile, communicate with you and other members to establish compatibility and keep you up to date with how we are getting on with finding you matches.
- Legitimate interest: We process your information for administrative reasons, as well as for fraud protection, the safety of our users, and other legal purposes.
5. How We Share Your Information
With Other Users
Since the aim of this service is to help you find a good spouse we will, of course, need to share your information (your profile, and maybe other information about you) with other users. You can choose the option of having a password protected profile and select the option of having your profile blocked from being seen by other users who you don’t want to view it, but even so, you still should be mindful of the information you share, and only share information that you are comfortable with other users knowing, bearing in mind they may tell other people your information (such as their family or friends who they seek marriage advice from)
Cross-Border Data Transfers
With Our Service Providers
As with many other websites, we may use third parties to help us run our service, such as third-party installed software, service maintenance, marketing/promotion services, data hosting, security and payment processing (for donations)
Change of service ownership, to comply with a court order or legal requirement, crime prevention, protect someone’s safety, protect our legal rights and to protect the legal rights of our users.
6.Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
To access, change, review, update, amend, or delete any information associated with your account please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR. We may reject a request for reasons such as if the request infringes on intellectual property or the privacy of another user.
7. How Long We Keep Your Data For
8. Data Security & Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information insha’Allah. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
9. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of us becoming aware of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen insha’Allah.
10.Links To Other Websites
Pure Muslim Match may contain links to other websites not owned by us. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these websites.
11. Data Controller & Data Protection Officer
- Policy updated for GDPR implementation.